This article explains how to prepare for and join online meetings using
Microsoft Lync Web App communications software, and how to access meeting
What do you want to do?
Prepare for your first
Before your first meeting, determine whether your computer is running the
software required for Lync Web App:
- Open your Online Meeting email invitation, click First online
meeting? at the end of the invitation, and then follow the
The meeting readiness program will check that you have a supported operating
system and Internet browser combination, and whether you need to install the
Microsoft Silverlight 4.0 browser plug-in, a program that enables web
applications. After installing Silverlight, you will be prompted to restart your
Join a meeting
To participate in a meeting with Lync Web App, you’ll need:
- A computer with Internet access
- A telephone (unless you are running Microsoft Office Communicator 2007
- Your invitation to the Microsoft Lync 2010 meeting
To join the meeting, do the following:
- In your meeting invitation, click Join online
- In the Lync 2010 screen that opens, click Join the meeting
using your web browser.
- On the Lync Web App join screen, do one of the following:
- If you have an account with the company that is hosting the meeting, click
Join using your corporate credentials, and then enter your
domain, user name, and password.
of joining using your corporate credentials:
- Generally you will be able to enter the meeting without waiting for the
organizer to admit you.
- Your name and company affiliation will appear on the meeting roster.
- If the organizer designated you as a presenter, you will automatically
enter the meeting as a presenter (and not have to wait for another presenter
to promote you).
- If you do not have an account with the company that is hosting the
meeting, click Join as a guest, and enter a display
- To simplify your entry to future meetings, select the Remember
me on this computer check box.
- Click Join Meeting.
You may be admitted to the meeting immediately, or you may have to wait until
the meeting organizer admits you.
Get meeting audio
To hear the meeting, do the following:
- In the meeting window, click the Phone button to see the
audio options that are available to you.
Note The screen you see may
differ from this one, based on: the credentials you used to join the meeting,
whether you are running Office Communicator 2007 R2 along with Lync Web App,
and how Lync was deployed by the company that organized the
- Do one of the following:
- To have the meeting call you, under Option 1, type your phone number, and
then click the Call Me button.
- To call into the meeting using Office Communicator 2007 R2, under Option
2, click the Call button. Audio will arrive through your
computer (using Voice-over-Internet-Protocol, or VoIP) or the audio device
that you use with Communicator.
Note To use
this option, you must have joined the meeting with your corporate credentials
and have Communicator 2007 R2.
- To call into the meeting by using your phone, use the dial-in details
under Dial in to the conference.