For advanced troubleshooting of issues with Microsoft Lync Web App
communications software, you can have Lync Web App save detailed data about its
processes in client-side logs, which you can then share with Microsoft technical
- In the Lync Web App main window, click the Options button
- Under Logging, select the Enable logging
- Click Save Logs.
- Type a file name for your logs, and then click Save.
Tip The file name can be
anything that helps you remember what it is, for example Lync
Web App Log mm-dd-yy.log. If
you have a customer Service Request (SR) number from technical support, you
could name the file SR11111.log.
- In the Options dialog box, click OK.
- Events that occur before you enable logging will not be logged.
- Logs are saved in .log format and can be read with any text editor such as
- If you are unexpectedly removed from a meeting and want to collect
client-side information about what happened, press Ctrl+Shift+L while you are
viewing the exit screen, and then click Save Logs.